Friday, March 15, 2013

Early Birthday

Our first big stop in Boise was to eat dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse.  You know, the places where there's a guy standing at a grill in front of you making your dinner?  I've always wanted to eat at one of those restaurants, but never had.  Here was my chance.

For some reason our funny little chef (Tony the Tiger was his name!), asked if anyone had a birthday.  It was decided that mine was the soonest (but not until May!) and he entertained us with a little flaming birthday "cake."


Those are onion rings.  Impressive, eh?  See if you can't decipher what name he uses in the happy birthday song.  He seemed stumped by the name Loretta.  We said he could call me Retta or Lori.  I think he says "Nora."  I'm good with that, too.

(Here's the link if video won't load.)

No comments: