Tuesday, March 26, 2013

O.J.

Nicole made us waffles the other day and decided she also wanted to make homemade orange juice.  Of course, I only had three oranges, so I knew she wouldn't get much juice, but I didn't want to rain on her parade.

She squeezed those oranges for all she was worth.


She even strained the pulp.


But she was more than a little disappointed in the quantity of juice she ended up with.


Always the fair one, she divide the juice into five glasses.  We each had about four (small) swallows.  But, I have to tell you it was de-lic-ious!  I can't remember the last time I had fresh squeezed OJ.  Nicole also made some frozen concentrate OJ, but she didn't like it very much after experiencing fresh orange juice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, it sounds like it's time for me to give you Granddad Bud's lemon/orange squeezer!! I have not used it in years. years ago, family had a lemon tree and we made homemade lemonade every summer, yum!
it works very well in getting the juice out, but the pulp is the best part to me. :)
love and hugs, grandma

Anonymous said...

Nicole, My Troy says he uses the whole orange or lemon to make juice. I have never tried it but maybe you can. Love Aunt Wanda