Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Horse Therapy

The horses happened to all be standing around the watering trough when I went to fill it after work yesterday.  I couldn't resist running in the house to get my camera and capturing some pictures of their beautiful faces in the sunshine.  All while still in my work clothes.  I made them promise not to get me dirty.

Horses have got to be the best form of therapy.  And taking pictures.  And taking pictures of horses.


They give me such joy.

And this morning I started playing around with a website called picyou.com.  It's similar to the instagram app lots of people use on their cellphones.


I never knew what the big deal was with instagram, but it's mysteriously addictive.  You can play around with these different "filters" on your picture and add polaroid-like frames.

I thought I would like this picture when I took it, but I wasn't so crazy when I saw it.  It needed something....



A little cropping, some black and white....



Or maybe just more "pop" of color.  I couldn't decided between the two, so I saved them both.  Gotta love digital photography!

And horse therapy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

L O V E, L O V E, L O V E, ... your black and white ... WOW ! Very sharp, very cool. I wish I had a horse in my backyard right now ... I too, could use some horse therapy ... and you are right they do smell better than ANYTHING ... even babies and fresh cut alfalfa.

Anonymous said...

Is that little Joe ... still hanging around?