Monday, August 1, 2011

Horseshoe Champion

The sawmill Glenn works for had a Company Picnic recently. They rented the city pool and hosted a potluck lunch at the park in Grangeville. The kids had fun playing in the pool and watching the pool races and diving contests. My kids don't seem to participate in things like that. They'd rather watch. I was (am) the same way, I guess, but I wish they didn't take after me so much! Glenn joined in the Horseshoe Tournament. Didn't know he was such a talented guy. He and his co-worker partner won. Granted, there were only four teams, but still. . . . He won a $50 gift certificate to the local sporting goods store. He also had his name drawn out of the hat for one of the door prizes--$100 cash. Not too shabby!

There was a group of older teenagers who were offering their face painting skills to anyone who would sit still for them. Morgan was very excited about the Idaho Vandals logo on his arm. I was pretty impressed with her ability. She looked at a picture on someones phone and away she went!

Ellea also asked for the Idaho logo, but got this simpler version. She was a little disappointed. She's probably our biggest Vandal fan!


And then there was this impressive piece of art mounted on Nicole's face. I wanted to carve out her cheek and keep it always. But, alas, I like her cheek right where it is, so the artwork is long gone! Guess I'll keep the picture instead!

No comments: