Sunday, August 28, 2011

Square Bales

I owe my brother a great big debt of gratitude for hauling and stacking the hay for my horse when I was a kid. Oh, sure, I tagged along. But I did nothing--and I mean nothing of any real assitance. My mom did a lot of work too (thanks, Mom!), but Tony did all the stacking. He was a remarkably good sport about it, since it was for his rotten little sister's horse. I had no real understanding of how generous that was of him until I helped Glenn stack hay. Again, Glenn does 90% (or more) of the work. Still I whine. Not too much, because it's all for my four-legged friends, but just a little self-pity.

Our little cowboy and his trusty sidekick. Really, Zip is my sidekick, but I was busy unloading the hay.

It's hard to find a good hay hand. I got me one.

The hay bus. How funny is this? Our friends who we got the hay from (Glenn only does big round bales now), have these two old school buses that were converted as hay haulers years ago. Nice, eh? Only in redneck America will you see a yellow school bus hauling hay. Perhaps only in Keuterville, Idaho. Redneck America. Keuterville, Idaho. Same, same.

No comments: