Thursday, August 25, 2011

School Is In Session

Sadly, yesterday was the first day back to school for our kiddos. First grade, 5th grade and 7th grade. How did this happen?! Once upon a time, when I had three small children at home, I dreamed of the day when I would send my children away for someone else to discipline, feed and just generally deal with. I remember hearing another mom with school-age children lamenting the start of school and thinking, "Wait, am I a bad mom? I don't think I'd be sad for school to start. . . ."

Fast-forward about 5 years and I totally feel her pain. As much as I despise their bickering, tattling and general goal to drive me mad, I don't want to send them out the door from 7:30 am to 3:40 pm. They're my kids, and I want them with me.

Not badly enough that'd I'd home school, or anything. I'm not that crazy. I just needed to whine a little. I'm all better now--thank you.

After dropping them off at school, I went and had coffee with friends. Except that I don't drink coffee. It doesn't sound the same to say, I went and had cocoa with friends who drank coffee. Really, it's all about the company anyway.

p.s. They had a great day at school and we had a celebratory first-day-of school dinner out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wait until they are all married and you and Glenn are home alone.