Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chocolate Crunch Brownies

I took a chocolate dessert (of course!) to the tailgating event on Saturday. It got rave reviews. It was only the second time I'd made it, and I think it's my new favorite. If you like chocolate/peanut butter/marshmallow and rice-crispies then this is the dessert for you!

I found the recipe on the internet. I did a google search after sampling similar yummyness at a church picnic. This is what the internet version of the recipe looks like:

Maybe in a perfect world. My world ain't so perfect.


They might not be as stunning, but they go down just fine!!

Chocolate Crunch Brownies
1 c butter, softened
2 c sugar
4 eggs
6 Tbs (or heaping 1/3 cup) cocoa powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
7 oz jar Marshmallow creme
1 c creamy peanut butter
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 c rice cereal

Cream butter and sugar; add eggs; stir in cocoa, flour, vanilla salt. Spread into greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool. Spread marshmallow creme over cooled brownies.

In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the cereal. Spread over marshmallow layer.

Chill before serving. Store in the refrigerator.



Think fondly of me every time you indulge.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe! They were delish!