Thursday, October 20, 2011

SURPRISE!

Phew! I pulled it off. Twenty-six family members (and Marv and Candi, but they're almost family!) were waiting for us at Main Street Grill, a Lewiston restaurant, for a surprise party for Glenn's 40th birthday last night!! He was blown away!

Glenn and I spent all afternoon together in Lewiston shopping and hanging out. It was fun, but I stressed all day that he'd try to change the restaurant on me, or mess up my plan somehow! I didn't sleep well the night before either! Surprise birthday parties are more stressful than I imagined! I'm not used to keeping secrets from my husband (a good thing!).

Glenn tells me today that that restaurant was not his first choice. But that guy is such a gentleman that the didn't argue because he could tell it's where I wanted to go! Am I spoiled or what? He hinted around that he might not want to go there, but never came right out and said it. I'm so grateful that I didn't have say, "I know it's your birthday, but I insist we go there!!"


My sister-in-law Dori ordered this cake for me from Costco. Don't you like the cows and trees? Very appropriate! My niece, Jen, picked up the cake from Costco. Only trouble is, she doesn't have a Costco membership! Costco was very cool about it. I called and told them the situation and they had her stop by the membership desk and gave her a temporary card.


The restaurant was fabulous to work with. They took a space for 20 people and made it fit 26. They offered to put out balloons and this great hat for Glenn. They happily kept our orders on separate tickets and provided the plates and serving pieces for my Costco cake. And they fed us yummy food!


It was fun. Glenn was surprised.


I'm tired. I think I'll take a nap.

No comments: