Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sixteen Years of Wedded Bliss

A month after the actual date (due to the county fair and general busy-ness), we actually went out on a "real" date to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. We invited our friends, Marv and Candi to join us and they talked us into trying a new restaurant that they are very fond of called the Brass Lantern. It's located in the tiny town of Genesee, Idaho (population 900). It had a surprisingly nice ambiance and very yummy food.

I *gasp* forgot my camera! Thankfully Glenn's new smartphone has a decent camera built in. This has been coming in handy lately when I see blogworthy topics and am camera-less. Those around me maybe don't appreciate Glenn's camera as much as I do.


I imagine Marv and Candi would've been fine if I failed to document the evening in photographs, but they didn't complain (out loud).



This is the main reason I needed my camera. Glenn's huge Prime Rib and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. And this came after a trip to the very nice salad bar.



Another good reason for a photo. Bite-sized steak (I think it's a local favorite--tender steak lightly breaded and deep fried. Yummy AND healthy!) and a baked potato. I should've taken this photo after I loaded my potato with butter, cheddar cheese and real bacon pieces. Can you say delish? Seriously, people, this is good stuff. Are you paying attention?

1 comment:

anatomy 1 said...

Looks lovely, I am hungry again! We didn't mind the picture, we didn't even complaint "later". Not many people take pictures of us, especially for a popular blog spot. Thanks!