Monday, October 31, 2011

Horse Show Fun

I took Nicole to her first horse show with the new horse, Zeus over the weekend. It was great fun and Nicole did very well. She loves her horse now more than ever!

We drove down to Candi's house in Lewiston Friday night to bathe him and get ready for the show. The plan was to stay overnight and be ready bright and early Saturday morning.

The first step was using the clippers to trim him up in a few places. I don't know why I didn't take the clippers and do it myself. I'm a little taller than Candi is, but they're her clippers, so I just stood back and watched!

Step two was a bath. Candi has this magic purple potion that is supposed to make white markings brighter. Isn't that special?

Step three is to blanket them and wrap their legs and tails in an attempt to keep them clean. This is Candi's three-year-old, "Nifty." Doesn't he look fabulous in his hood?!


Poor Zeus was shivering after his bath. I think he appreciated the warmth of the blanket and hood. He may not have appreciated the look of it. We were calling him racehorse. He may be scarred from all the teasing I'm sure he got from the other horses.

2 comments:

anatomy 1 said...

Nice pics! It was a blast :) I really do think the horses "talk" to each other about who has the best "outfit", these guys look like they are ready for the modeling runway :))

anatomy 1 said...

Hey, wait a minute, I just read the post again, a LITTLE taller than me??? Sure, next time I'll just give you the clippers to begin with :))