Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bloomsday, 2012

Glenn ran in Bloomsday again this year.  The past two years, the kids and I have tagged along for a  mini-vacation in Spokane with him.  This year, he had a track meet the day before so we were going to be in Spokane for less than 24 hours, so he was on his own.


The poor guy came down with a terrible cold just a day or two before the race, so I was impressed when his time was really close to last year's (just over an hour).  He said that lots of people were struggling with the heat, so he tried not too push himself so hard that he'd be unable to finish.

I considered walking it this year.  I walked it with friends a couple of times in college, but it is 7.5 miles which is quite a hike for my lazy-self.  Maybe next year......

Good job, Glenn!  I sure am proud of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressive to be running when you're feeling under the weather. What do you do with all those Bloomsday t-shirts? My hubby is a racer as well and I've been playing with the idea of creating a quilt and giving it to him for his b'day or Christmas. Something to think about ... probably ALL I'll do. :)