Thursday, May 10, 2012

Newsflash

Life is good on the home front. A little busy, but very good.

1. Glenn just finished his last track meet of the season. He coached 7th/8th grade girls and boys track for the first time this year and was in his element. He did an outstanding job with the kids and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. He can talk about track for hours. He can spend hours pouring over his clipboards full of track meet results.

2. I just got back from my second meeting for the Idaho Leads Project. They put us up in the fancy Coeur d'Alene resort again, but some of us got their less-fancy rooms. Sadly, I was one of those, but since I mostly just slept in the room, I tried not to be too bitter about it. Just a little bitter. At the first meeting they gave each of us a Kindle Fire. This time they gave each school district $5,000 to spend on something--anything--to improve their school. Now we have to figure out what that will be.

3. There are only 15 more school days left, but who's counting? The kids and I!

4. I am a college student again! I've been accepted at the University of the Southwest in New Mexico in their online program to get a Masters in Education as a School Counselor. I am registered for my very first graduate school class. It starts June 3, and it's called Educational Research. Sounds exciting, no? Maybe not. We'll see. Sounds scary. It's only been 16 years since I was in school and I've never taken an online course. Piece of cake.

No comments: