Thursday, May 3, 2012

G for Girl

This was my favorite piggy at the pig farm. She was longer and taller than all her siblings. It didn't hurt that her markings were unusual, but mostly she was just well put together.

Ellea prefers girl pigs. Pig lesson of the day: Girl pigs are gilts (g for girl), boy pigs are barrows (b for boy). Got it? There will be a quiz. So I thought I could convince her to pick this gilt by pointing out all her positive attributes. But, alas, Ellea is a little discriminatory when it comes to pigs. She's convinced that "pink" pigs are meaner. As you can see this pig is only about half pink, but that's enough in her mind, so the answer was no.

Well, it turns out, we were enjoying the pig barn without Glenn for the first 20 minutes. He was meeting us there after track practice. He gets there and tells Ellea he likes this particular pig and what happens? She picks it.

Now, one might think I'd simply be pleased that the pig I liked was going home with us. But, mostly I was wounded that when mom suggests a pig the answer is no way. Dad suggests the same pig? Oh, okay, I'll take that one.

Humph!

Maybe I should grow up.

No comments: