Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Snow Day

We finally had a "snow day" from school yesterday. No, we didn't get three feet of snow (thank the Lord!), but the power was out and wasn't going to be restored until about noon. One would think they could do some school work with natural light and even do some stuff outside, but apparently not. The Elementary school concert was scheduled for today, so Morgan was the tiniest bit disappointed that school was cancelled. He got over that feeling pretty quickly.

Ironically, power was back on just after 8am, before school would've even started. Don't know why it took so much less time than predicted. Officialls were probably kicking themselves, but we enjoyed a lazy day at home.

You'd think I would've caught up on some future blogs, or given my dog and my son (not necessarily in that order) a hair cut, or organized the messy areas in my house, or one of another million things I should do. But I didn't. And I'm glad.

No comments: