Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy Day!

It was like Christmas around here yesterday. Only better. More like Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and my birthday rolled
into one . . . .



What, pray tell, could be that wonderful, you ask?

My NEW Big-Girl camera!!!!! Yup, it's true. After lusting, drooling and blogging over other people's fancy digital SLR cameras, my husband told me he wanted me to order one of my very own for my birthday. And so, by golly, I did.

It didn't hurt that at the recent family baptism we went to, the hostess let me play with her new camera. And her dear mother gave Glenn grief about needing to buy me one. (Thanks, Cynthia!! You're the best!). Glenn said he could see by the goofy grin on my face that I was enjoying that camera an awful lot! Thanks, Glenn! You're even better!

It's a Canon EOS Rebel T3i, for those of you who know about these things. It's just a great camera for those of you who don't.

And, here we have my very first picture with my nifty new camera. I talked Nicole into making dinner (waffles!), so I could go outside and play with my new toy! When I went back into the house to help finish dinner, Ellea played with my toy. . . . I think she's as in love with it as me (almost). I don't know how well I'm going to share, though!

My poor children: they thought I took lots of pictures before when I just had a point and shoot. They're not going to know what hit them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! Now you'll have LOTS of fun ... and Glenn can continue to add to your hobby each holiday (Memorial Day is coming up --- wink, wink) with lenses and other camera gear! :)