Monday, May 21, 2012

Thirty-nine

I turned 39 last week. My last year in the 30's. Not sure how I feel about that. Mostly, it's just a crazy high number. I really struggle to remember my age these past few years. I spent part of the past year thinking I was turning 40 this month. Math's not my forte, can you tell?

Ellea was confused, too. The day before my birthday, Glenn mentioned how old I was turning. Ellea wasn't buying it.

E: You're not 39, you're 40.
L: No, I'm 39.
E: No, you're not.
L: Yes. I am.
E: No, you're 40.
L: No, Ellea, I was born in 1973, so I won't be 40 until 2013.
E: Hmm. I still think you're 40. (She's normally much better at math than me, but in her mind, math had nothing to do with it.)

She was still talking about it the next day. I think I finally convinced her, but it wasn't easy!

No comments: