Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

I've been asking my kids for weeks (months even!) what they wanted to be for Halloween. The girls procrastinated and didn't really decide until the night before. Both their costumes came together pretty nicely considering they were last minute. Morgan and Nicole both had costumes picked out and then changed their minds. Ugh!



Ellea, the magician. She was afraid people wouldn't know what she was (that's the worst!), but most people did and I think her costume was great.



Cleopatra. Again, last minute! She painted the black poster board the night before and glued the beads to the belt headband an hour before we left home!


Frankenstein's Monster!!

I was lamenting to Glenn that I wasn't finding a great solution to the need for neck bolts in my online searching. He chuckled and told me that he was Frankenstein one year as a kid. His costume? A mask. His mom didn't find him a sport coat at Goodwill or paint his face or spray his hair black or anything. Maybe I'm going overboard . . . . . Overboard or not, I sure liked how his costume turned out!

The makeup process took awhile.



Nice group of goblins. They made a good haul on candy, too. We drove into Cottonwood, hit a couple dozen houses and called it a night. They even came away with THREE full-sized candy bars! Too bad adults aren't allowed to Trick or Treat! That's why we have to raid our kids' candy stash!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the fact kids don't think they're too old like we did when we were kids. Here in Texas the adults dress up and walk the kids around the neighborhood. A few of the neighbors clear everything out of their garage and turn it into a "haunted house". Decorating and festivities seem to be a bigger deal today than when I was a kid!

Kudos to you on helping your kids ... last minute or not, their creative juices were definitely flowing (unless they're like me and just work better under pressure)!

Welcome to the Country Fan (WCF) :)

anatomy 1 said...

Awesome costumes! I LOVE Morgan's "playing the part" in these pictures. They all turned out great. Marv "chaperoned" me to the haunted corn maze. Fun, scary, and COLD!

DebbysBeads said...

The kids look great. Good job Mom, helping them last minute. Turned out great.