Thursday, December 29, 2011

Miracle Bottle Opener

I know a lot of people already own these fancy wine bottle openers. But, I hadn't invested the money into one yet.


This was Glenn's gift at the Poxleitner gift exchange. Actually, it was the gift I bought and would've wanted, except the picnic basket looked too fabulous to pass up! So Glenn nabbed it instead. We used it on my 14 Hands Hot to Trot wine on Christmas day. More on that in a minute.

This bottle opener is nothing short of miraculous! There's no struggling to crank the twisty thing into the bottle. You just push it down and pull out the cork. Amazing, I'm telling you! If you don't already own one, you must run--don't walk--to your nearest wine-bottle-opener-selling-store and buy one. You must. I insist! If you don't drink wine, you might want to hold off.


Now, about the wine. It was yummy. For a red wine. I'm still partial to a slightly sweet (okay, really sweet) white wine, but I'm trying to grow up! I do love that there are horses on the label. I think that adds greatly to the experience.

2 comments:

anatomy 1 said...

Awesome wine, of course, it is my favorite too! Horse reference, a little seductive reference, and wine. How can you go wrong? And good too! You can get it at Costco for about $8/bottle. And cheap, yes my kind of wine!

wendi drake said...

this cracks me up. a good opener is life changing.