Sunday, December 25, 2011

Poxleitner Party--music and gifts

Early on in the afternoon at the annual Poxleitner Christmas-fest, the Kaufman's entertained us with some music. All four of the Kaufman brothers are talented musicians and I never tire of listening to them. Fred even played a few Christmas tunes. Jeff had learned the new country song, "Red Solo Cup" just for us! If you haven't heard the song, it's pretty funny, and accurate too. If you've never partied with a red Solo Cup in hand, then you must put down your wine glass and give it a go!


Steve, Fred, Phil and Joe Kaufman jamming in my living room!

After dinner, it was time for the big event of the evening--the gift exchange. Now, this isn't the type of gift exchange where you bring prank gifts that no one wants. The idea is to bring the most fabulous gift you can find (within the price range) and everyone fights over it! That's right, there's stealing involved! It's very festive!


The kids aren't included in the gift exchange, but they enjoy helping with the satisfying ripping of paper!


I came away with this beautiful picnic set, thanks to Jen Kaufman! I personally think she may have gone over her spending limit, but I won't report her to the authorities. I was only able to keep it because it had already been "stolen" once before I took it (sorry, Christina!) and the third person to have possession gets to keep their loot! Love that rule!

I've heard fabulous things about this 14 Hands "Hot to Trot" red blend wine. I think it will go nicely with the Prime Rib we bought for Christmas dinner. I promise to report back.

Merry Christmas! May you know love and peace on this very special day. God bless.

No comments: