Friday, December 23, 2011

Poxleitner Party--cookies

We started out the Poxleitner family christmas party with cutting out sugar cookies. This is on of Glenn's specialties. He learned to make these cookies at his mom's side, so I leave it to him. Besides, there's no chocolate involved, so I'm not inspired to make them! They're fun to cut out and decorate though! And don't get me wrong, when there's no chocolate desserts calling my name, I'll happilly eat one of these!


Ellea was grateful that baby Ben sat still in her lap for a few minutes of cookie-making. That boy doesn't sit still very often!



Morgan and Sam don't sit still a whole lot, but they enjoyed some cookie-making for a few minutes before they were off to bigger and better things!


The boy who stuck with the cookie-making the longest was Ben's daddy, Steve! He was all about maximizing the economy of space. Just how closely can you get the cookies together?! I get it, it's just a tough thing to explain to kids. They seem to want to get them as far apart as possible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, a cookie without chocolate is a terrible waste of time! :)However, my husband and kids disagree so I'm FORCED (I say that with a smile) to discover new cookie recipes. With that said, I'm on the search for a good sugar cookie recipe (hint, hint) :)
-Angie