Thursday, July 28, 2011

Birthday Times Three

My deepest apologies for missing yesterday's post. After 91 daily posts, I finally missed one! I'm sure you were devastated. I hope you were able to move on with your day despite my inconsiderate failings. Please forgive me. Know it may happen again soon!

Morgan turned 7 last week. Seven sounds very old for my youngest child. Not sure I'm very happy about that. He had plenty of celebrating. He blew out candles three times!! Actually, come to think of it, he blew out candles four times. When we were out to dinner the weekend before his birthday, the waitresses sang and brought him a piece of cheesecake with a candle.

The first present he opened was a few days before his birthday. A gift from his favorite godfather, Glenn's nephew, Phil. It was a combine made to scale. Phil was as excited about this toy as Morgan, I think!

The day before his birthday, we were visiting my mom in Grangeville. She made him a cake and showered him with gifts (of course!).

The day of his birthday we spent at the water park in Clarkston (a blog on that soon). That night, we had Hal and Nancy and my mom over for dinner and cake and presents.

You may notice that the cake is half eaten. We recycled from the night before.
This is cake number two. The day after his birthday, I let him have a friend over since we'd been at the water park the day before and he somehow felt ripped off that he didn't have a "party" at home. Dear sister, Ellea, wanted to help me make him a "special" cake, so we did an internet search and came up with this one. We were very happy with out it turned out. Morgan had no idea we made it for him because he was too busy entertaining his guest. It was fun to surprise him.

He told me later that with three birthday parties he must be seven times three which would make him 21. Thankfully, this didn't provoke him to request a beer!

No comments: