Saturday, July 16, 2011

Silverwood, Part One

Our local theme park, Silverwood, in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, has this fabulous reading program where the kids keep track of 10 hours of reading outside of normal schoolwork. Each child is rewarded with a free ticket to Silverwood for their efforts. Of course, the parents end up forking out $70 for their tickets, so it all comes out in the wash, I'm sure!

It was time for our yearly Silverwood event last weekend. We normally make the trip in June, but with the weather so delightfully soggy, we opted to hold out for warmer days. Wouldn't ya know it? It rained in the afternoon. It never got particularly cold and only rained for a short time, so we survived.

Here we are making our way to the front gate. The kids were apparently in the mood to get along. I couldn't resist a picture of the three of them holding hands. The days are numbered for their willingness to do this in public!!


The girls made a bee-line for the Lazy River along with Halle, one of the girls in the family we met up with from Cottonwood. We always start out at the water park portion of Silverwood, but after a couple of hours, our kids are ready to move on to the rides. Funny thing is, our kids have always been very intolerant of water being splashed in their faces. Did I try too hard to keep water out of their eyes when I bathed them? Is it somehow my fault that they have this deep-seated fear of water above their necks? I'll never know. I do know that like me, they're not daredevils, but even I enjoy the inner tube slides. To her credit, Nicole will go on those with me, but the other two? Nothin' doing!


Glenn even rode on the inner tube slides for the first time. I had no idea he'd never ridden one before. Otherwise, I'd likely have a picture! Hard to pack a camera around a water park though. That pesky water and all

No comments: