Friday, July 15, 2011

Food, Fun, Friends and Fireworks

Some friends hosted a fun party in their backyard last weekend. We had yummy food, lots of great people to visit with and all in a beautiful setting. At the end of the evening we were treated to a fabulous fireworks display. I'm told, they went to a local fireworks stand after July 4th and bought out the rest of the inventory. It was a great display. I was feeling guilty that we got lazy and skipped taking our kids to see the fireworks on July 4th, but now I don't feel so bad!!

I played with my little point-and-shoot camera to get a slower shutter-speed to take these pics. It was fun. At one point, Ellea asks me, "Are you going to take a picture of every firework?!" Why, yes! Yes I am!Glenn participated in the lighting of the fireworks. He's a bit of a firebug, so I think he enjoyed himself although he did say the show wasn't as good right underneath them. At one point Ellea pointed out they had a small fire nearby, but they didn't seem concerned. The grass was very green so it was all good.We did get a little chilly. One forgets that just because it's 70+ degrees when you leave home, doesn't mean it will be warm when the sun goes down. We must remember we do live in Idaho and it will get colder than you think. I reminded everyone to bring a jacket, but they were grateful when the host broke out a few blankets to snuggle in by the fire. These smart girls figured out how to keep each others toes warm, too!

1 comment:

anatomy 1 said...

Great pictures of the fireworks. You are very talented!