Saturday, July 9, 2011

More Family Time

As I mentioned in this post, my brother and his family came to visit on July 3rd for the afternoon. We had a fun, busy day. We went 4-wheeler riding, ate two yummy meals and did some fishing at the pond.Everyone had fun hanging out at the pond after dinner. My children apparently are burnt out on fishing. They fish for 10 minutes and then say they're bored. And, when you fish at our pond, it's not the wait-around-all-day for zero bites kind of fishing (usually). We're talking, Nicole caught a fish on her first cast--and still she complains! That girl doesn't know when she has it good.

The Mangini's dog, Scout, was very interested in the fishing. He spent the entire time at the edge of the pond waiting for us to bring them to the bank. Not sure what he would've done if he'd managed to catch hold of one, but he did gave it his best effort.

During a break in our four-wheeler riding, the kids had pop and Paige and I had a well-deserved and appreciated Mike's Hard Limeade. We did some walking while everyone else was schlepped around on four wheels. We were hot and tired and excited when we opened the cooler to see what Glenn had brought as liquid refreshment. We almost did a happy dance when we saw the Mike's. Sophia selected orange soda as her beverage of choice. We were all very impressed/grossed-out by the degree to which it dyed her tongue and teeth orange. This picture really doesn't do the level of orange-ness justice. It was very orange. Tony also drank an orange soda and he didn't come away with an orange tongue. I think she was really swishing it around in there. I'll keep you posted on the color-changing properties of other pop as I do my research. Maybe I can get some federal funding.

No comments: