Sunday, July 3, 2011

Country in the Country

Glenn and I went to an outdoor concert Friday night. They somehow managed to book two big-name country singers for little ol' Grangeville, Idaho--Mark Will and Mark Chestnut. And the tickets were only $20!! You never see concert tickets that cheap any more.In the above picture, it's Mark Chestnut on the left and Mark Wills on the right. The "two Marks" sang for almost 2 hours. It was fabulous. We sang along on almost every song. Glenn and I even danced to the classic Mark Wills song called "I do." It was cheesy, but I like cheesy!

We brought our lawn chairs and sat within 100 feet of the stage. We could've sat closer, if we'd gotten there earlier, but we were close enough. I was able to walk right up to the stage and take these pictures. Way cool. Mark Chestnut was a big star when Glenn and I were in college. It's so weird seeing someone like this in our small-town USA. The format was just the two singers and three back-up singers with guitars. No drums, no dancing around the stage. Very casual and informal. I was so sad when the concert was over.

The best part was the kids stayed home and put themselves to bed (again!). I could get used to this.

No comments: