Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Silverwood, No More

This is it. The final post for Silverwood.




Until next year.
It'll be difficult for you to wait that long, but wait you must.

Nicole and I spied this Ferris Wheel-like ride called The Paratrooper and wanted to give it a try. The ferris wheel often makes my stomach lurch, but not in a terrible I'm-going-to-lose-my-lunch sorta way, so I'm okay with it. Not sure why Ellea joined us on this ride, because the Ferris Wheel terrified her last year. Almost more than the roller coaster did!

So, we're the first people loaded on the ride and just like with a Ferris Wheel, it takes forever to load everyone. It probably also takes forever to unload everyone, but I wouldn't know about that, because about 5 minutes into the loading process, the girls started begging me to ask the guy to let us off. First Ellea and soon joined by Nicole. I was rather enjoying the ride at the albeit slow pace of loading. It didn't lurch and rock like a Ferris Wheel. I tried to ignore them, but they continued to beg for reprieve. I was willing to stay on without them, but the attendant had replacements all lined up, so I got off. It might be my favorite ride ever. I may never know. Maybe next year.

Then there's the Thunder Canyon rafting ride. The ride tells you that you might get wet. I'd like to see anyone come off that ride even sorta dry! We debated not going on it because by this point the day was cloudy and cooler. We were glad we did go on it, because it's one of our favorites. One bonus of a cooler day with a wet ride is there's no line. Once we were soaked through, we decided to go three times!

And, last but not least, is the yearly tradition of having ice cream before we leave the park. This must be the best deal in the whole park. A "single scoop" of ice cream is about eight scoops and costs $4. Baskin Robbins could learn a thing or two from these people!!

And these are the dear people who joined us in our Silverwood adventures. You might notice they look a little wet. When we finished our ice cream and left the park, we were especially delighted to change into our warm, dry clothes. Nothin' feels better than a nice pair of sweats after you peel off wet, cold denim capris.

Then it was off to Moscow to stay the night at my brother's house. We were exhausted, but we (Glenn gets all the credit) made it. Next morning, sister-in-law, Paige fed us and sent us on our merry way.


And that's all I have to say about Silverwood.


Until next year.

No comments: