Sunday, September 4, 2011

First Harvest

I sent Nicole out the the garden the other night thinking there might be a couple of cherry tomatoes she could pick for dinner. She came in with a beautiful sight.


First words outta my mouth? "I gotta take a picture." Ellea rolls her eyes. I can't help it. It's a disease.

Keep in mind, I live in the near-arctic, so this is a big deal. I didn't think we'd have any big red tomatoes for a couple more weeks. I know, sad. My Auntie in California has been harvesting for months now, I'm sure. What can I do? I could build a greenhouse, but I'd rather just whine.

As Nicole put it, the tomatoes were "Fabu!!" There ain't nothin' better than a homegrown tomato. I won't get very many red tomatoes, but I'll sure enjoy the few I do get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, ... Don't hate me. Those vines will go until the first hard freeze ... About November, maybe December if we are lucky.