Thursday, September 8, 2011

Swimming Lessons

My kids are not big fans of swimming lessons. They've never liked water on their faces much. They get it from me. But why? Is it hereditary? It's not like I've told them to dislike water. I tried to be careful about getting water in their faces as babies, but I didn't make a big deal of it. It baffles me.

Even though it's more than twice the cost, we've been doing private lessons the last couple years. They were making zero progress in group lessons. They like private better and have actually made some progress.

Morgan would hardly get in the water last year. Here he is in the deep end. Granted, he has a life jacket on and always plugged his nose to go under water, but I'll take whatever I can get.



We discovered that Ellea is a champion at treading water! On the first day she made it over 90 seconds. Doesn't sound like much, but have you treaded water lately?!!

Nicole's the least freaked out about water in her face. She'd hate to admit it, but I think she *almost* liked swimming lessons this year. Both the girls have made huge improvements in swimming ability.


Now, if only I could swim worth a darn! Maybe they could teach me. . . . . .

Naaah, I'd have to put my face under water!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "face under water" thingy ... that's a family trate on YOUR side, that goes back generations LOL!
With love from your,
"Sink-like-a-rock" Auntie B.