Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Selway Fun, Continued

I was impressed these guys could lay in this water. It was unbelievably cold. Granted, the air temp was in the 90s, but the water was still too cold for my whimpy self. They must've been numb.





I was very proud of myself. I put down my book and got in the water. Okay. I floated on top of the water, but that's something. Nicole and I were very proud of ourselves because we paddled quite a ways up river from the beach we were on. The current wasn't crazy-strong, but we had to work at it. It was much more fun than I imagined, what with it being work and all.




Morgan had help from his (older and very agreeable) cousins to build this fabulous sand castle.




One of the agreeable cousins would be Jeff. He's 17, but he plays with my kids like nobody's business. Here he was towing them around. The next day, he followed their commands as their dog. "Swim like a dog." "Sit." You get the idea. His only requirement? To regularly be fed "dog treats" that consisted of pringles. Woof.

No comments: