Monday, September 19, 2011

Insanity

Insanity is driving four hours to look at a horse. We were pretty sure we would be buying him based on his description, but you never really know. I've found that not all people describe their horses as clearly as one would hope when they know you live far away. I was having major anxiety over the insanity of not only driving all the way to Caldwell, but hauling a horse trailer along to boot. No sense making another trip to haul him home, but then again. . . . .

Thankfully, he turned out to be the perfect horse to replace Nicole's pinto that we sold last weekend. From our short little ride, he seemed to be a very willing guy who has done a little bit of everything. The lady told me he was 20 years old, but one glance at his registration papers told me he was actually 22. (Can people not do the math??) That was a little disappointing, but his price was right and if we can get Nicole a year or two of confidence-building, we're ahead of the game.

He needs to gain some weight and his feet are way overgrown, but we can fix those things. They called him "Zeus." I think it's cute and it fits in with our "Z" names of Zip and Zoey (the dogs). Nicole's undecided if he gets to keep it or not!

I'm just thanking God that I didn't come away looking the fool for dragging my poor family (and terribly cooperative husband) all the way to Boise for nothing. And we got a great horse at a great price. Phew!

2 comments:

anatomy 1 said...

Wow, he looks awesome! Good thing Nicole has long legs and is young. I don't think I could get up there! He doesn't look THAT thin or that old. From the pictures, I think you did awesome. Can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

And you didn't stop at our house for supper? You know the welcome mat is always out!
Cynthia