Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Neck Hurts

I forgot how much I dislike painting walls. Well, not walls so much. Ceilings. I don't like painting ceilings. It's been 6 years since we painted EVERY wall in our new house ourselves (with some help from some fabulous family and friends). I swore it would be a long time before I painted again. Well, the time has come. Or, more accurately, Nicole talked me into it.


Nicole never really wanted the pastel pink that she chose for her room. It's just that she's such a pleaser and I may have encouraged her to consider painting her room the same color as her sister's so it would be easier for us. (We used a sprayer and we didn't want to clean it out more often than necessary--I know, lame.) It came back to bite me because she outgrew "Princess Pink" a few years ago. For her birthday this year, I offered to paint her room a color of her choice. She chose a fun yellowy lime green. Mom offered to help with the labor (God bless her!). We procrastinated as long as we thought proper and finally tackled it yesterday.

The girls were shockingly helpful. So much more than the last time we painted. Granted, they were 4 and 6 at the time, but still. They were pretty enthusiastic help too. It didn't take as long as we thought it might and it didn't smell as bad as we remembered paint smelling the last time we took a whiff. Painting the ceiling was still a drag. That hasn't changed.

Funny side-story: Nicole was wearing the above shirt to go check some cows with Glenn in the afternoon. They were riding on the 4-wheeler and drove through Keuterville (population 12--or less) and she says, "We can't go through Keuterville, I hate this shirt." That made me laugh. Who cares? It's Keuterville!! Now that a picture of her in that shirt is out there in cyberspace, she's really going to be excited! Yup, just doin' my part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every morning you brighten my world and make me laugh ... Don't ever stop your "blogging".
Love & Hugs,
Auntie :D