Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Stand Mixer Delight

I was SO happy to see this guy in my driveway! I knew he was bringing gifts! You'll recall that I ordered myself a stand mixer a few weeks ago and I was anxiously awaiting its arrival. I had the perfect spot picked out for it. As a matter of fact, I built a perfect spot for it into my kitchen which we moved into six years ago!!!!!


Since it took so long to fill this precious real estate with its intended occupant, it became storage. I'm still deciding where these items should permanently live. They're sad they've been evicted. Hopefully there's no hard feelings. If you're not familiar with this contraption, the shelf pulls out with the stand mixer sitting on it. Way cool.


I debated long and hard over what I should make first in my stand mixer. I was leaning towards bread, but that didn't fit into my dinner plans that night, and I decided I better start with something easier anyway. So cookies it was!




How beautiful is this? In so many ways.....


They were quite delicious, if I do say so myself. Of course, I haven't met too many chocolate chip cookies that I don't get along with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An EXCELLENT purchase. I still have your Great-grandmother's KitchenAid and it's still just humming along ... They haven't changed at all in the last 30 years, except for the extra large color selection! Sadly mine/Grandma's isn't a bright, snappy Red ... Just your basic boring White.