Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Poxleitner Babysitting Services

I offered some time ago to babysit for Glenn's nephew Joe and his lovely wife, Jen. Being a smart lady, Jen took me up on it! She had a conference in McCall last weekend and she took her hubby along. We were supposed to have the kids from Thursday to Saturday, but sadlly, Jen's grandfather passed away last week and the services were Friday/Saturday so she cut the conference short. We had them for about 20 hours. That was a good start. It all went well, but easing into it is nice too.


Andie is about 18 months old. She's a doll. A doll with an attitude. She was much friendlier after mom and dad left. Ellea read her a book. She read the same book over and over. She was unfamiliar with this adorable, if tiring, trait of small children. Ellea didn't care. Andie was actually sitting with her for longer than 90 seconds!

The next morning, Ellea was a big help. She changed Andie's diaper and got her dressed, fed her breakfast and fixed her hair. I was very sad Ellea had to go to school. So was she. I briefly considered letting her play hooky, but sometimes I try to be a responsible parent. It was tempting.



Sam (3 years old) begged to go outside. We played in the dirt pile, played on the swing set and rode the four-wheeler. Andie was a little unsure of the four-wheeler, but it was that or stay with Glenn. She chose the four-wheeler.


It's been a while since I've had small people around. I forgot just how much work they are! I also forgot just how much supervision is necessary. I left Sam to his own devices for a couple minutes while he was using the bathroom. I checked on him and found the toilet paper completely unrolled.


I asked him why he did that and he said because he wanted to roll it back up. Good reason.

No comments: