Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Flowering Pear

Our only purchase when we were strolling around Home Depot was a flowering pear tree.  It was half off making it only $15.  We had been discussing replacing another tree that had died in our front yard, so it was perfect.

Not wanting it to die in our cold weather, we wasted no time getting it the ground.  Mostly I was the supervisor.  I pulled weeds and turned on the hose.  Glenn dug and up the old tree. We debated how big the hole had to be for the new tree.  As I wasn't exerting myself, I voted for deeper than Glenn started with.  Being the agreeable kind of guy he is, he continued digging.

So here's Glenn next to his tree.I know you can barely see it, but it's there.  It even still has leaves on it and looks rather healthy.  You just can't tell it the picture!  Someday this will be a 20 foot tall tree.  Or, maybe it will simply survive as the dirt in our front yard isn't the best.  Either way.

No comments: