Monday, October 15, 2012

Kicked


We had a little scare yesterday with my Schnauzer dog, Zip. He loves going for horse back rides with us, so I didn’t think anything of it when he tagged along with Nicole and I and a friend. What I didn’t know was that my friend’s horse has a vendetta against dogs……

Zip got kicked once and yelped a little, but seemed fine, so we continued on our way and I assumed that he learned his lesson. He’s clearly not a very quick study because he promptly put himself in the situation to get kicked again. Only this time, I watched him get kicked in the head. He proceeded to roll down the hill, while yelping hideously. He made no attempt to stop himself from rolling and I was convinced that he was hurt terribly. I yelled out and quickly jumped off my horse and ran to him. He was stunned, but quickly came to his senses and sat there panting and looking mostly okay. (My friend felt terrible that her horse hurt Zip, of course.)

We decided we better head home and so he rode in front of me on my horse. He didn’t struggle, or seem uncomfortable, and we made it home without incident. I called the vet to see if there was anything I should do for him or watch for and he suggested some pain killer. He probably had one heck of a headache! Poor guy.

This morning his back to wagging his stubby tail and looking at me with unadulterated love in his eyes. It looks like he may be okay.


Glenn’s hoping the horse knocked some sense into him…….

I have my doubts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Glenn, ZIP'S A SCHNAUZER ... Not a 10 year old boy! He's never going to learn, not at this stage.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he seems o.k., poor little guy.

Jen said...

Glad he's ok!