Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vandal Band

Glenn went to the U of I homecoming game without us last weekend. We considered tagging along, but he had an early-morning meeting and so the kids and I just stayed home.   I was disappointed I wasn't there after he reported back on the routine the marching band performed during half-time.

You know it was good if Glenn paid attention and even got out his phone to take a picture!


You'd think after having had a girlfried/future wife who played in the marching band for three years, he'd be pretty interested in it, and he's likely more interested than some people.  But mostly, the marching band isn't his thing.  So when he came home all excited to tell me about their halftime show, I knew I messed up by mising it.  Apparently they took folding chairs onto the field.  At one point, everyone but the drums and tubas put down their instruments and did this whole STOMP!-type routine with the chairs.
 
It sounds very cool.  He said most everyone in the stands were watching.  Historically, the halftime show is when most people go to the bathroom and the concession stand and don't act too interested in the band.  Everyone except the band parents who are there to watch their kids.  And past band members, like me.

No comments: