Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Love-Hate


Sometimes, children numbers 2 and 3 seeem to have it out for each other at our house. We're talking a love-hate relationship that leans heavilly toward the hate side some days. Not unlike the relationship I had with my brother.

One day recently, they were really pushing each other's buttons while they were unloading the dish washer together. Finally, I'd had enough and instructed them both to come over to the couch. They were confused. I told them to sit next to one another and hold hands. That's all, just hold hands. They looked at me like I was crazy, but they did it. They sat there grinning at the sillines of it.

But guess what? It did what I had intended! They went back to unloading the dishwasher together after about 5 minutes of hand holding and didn't have another problem. It was a miracle!

It's rare when one of my "mom ideas" works, so I get pretty excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a GREAT Mom ...

Unknown said...

I need to remember this one!

Anonymous said...

My parents used to make us do that with a big hug and it usually worked too. The DuMars children did NOT always get along like people thought, ha ha.