Monday, October 1, 2012

Joe Vandal

Phew - what a week!  I was in Coeur d'Alene for about 24 hours early in the week for a meeting and then went to Moscow late in the week for about 48 hours for a different meeting! 

The Moscow meeting is a twice a year event related to my job as site coordinator of a federal grant. They're never particularly fun meetings, except I really enjoy my time with a few of the other Idaho site coordinators. We were thrown together last January during my trip to New York city. I had a choice: either get comfortable with these ladies and enjoy New York, or sit in my room and miss out on the fun! So we got comfortable! Now I consider them wonderful friends and we had good laughs together in Moscow.

One night there was a home game scheduled for the Vandal Volleyball team. It was a great game. They played Texas State - best out of five. The Vandals won the first two "sets" (that's what they're called apparently), lost the next two and won the fifth. All five "sets" make a "game." In case you were wondering.


This is "Joe Vandal," our proud University of Idaho mascot. Can you imagine how hot this outfit must be? I spent part of the game trying to decide if the wearer of the costume was a girl or boy.  No final call on that mystery.  We may never know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Auhhh ... No girl would sit like that! Mystery solved?????