Friday, November 16, 2012

Big News

It's official.  It's amazing.  It's BIG news around the Poxleitner abode........



We finally have moved on from dial-up Internet!  Woo hoo.  We have officially entered the current century.

The nice (not very talkative, little bit scary) installer guy from Hughes Net came and installed our satellite dish yesterday.  It's the newest, fastest satellite out there (and the only option for those of us who live out in the tullies.)  And, boy, is it faster than dial-up.  What have I been waiting for?!  Oh, that's right, it's $50 a month versus the $10 that was dial up.  Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet....


The dish is installed outside Morgan's bedroom window above the roof over our back deck.  I leaned out the window this morning to take this picture.  Glenn offered to go out on the roof and take the picture, but I said it was okay.


He did it anyway.  Isn't it pretty?  Not really, but it represents a new, faster connection to the outside world. And a new fight with my kids.....  "Get off the computer/iPod already!"  They weren't allowed to use the Internet because it would tie up the phone line (and I did that enough on my own!).  Now I'm going to have to monitor their computer usage.  See, there was one benefit of dial up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, I was sure you guys were FINALLY listening to Ellea's requests and going for #4!

This is exciting too, though!

lorettapox said...

That would have been HUGE news. No sleepless nights with this news.....