Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Free Throws

Remember yesterday, when I said I didn't know much about basketball? Well, Glenn gave me a little more knowledge, and I thought I'd share.... He (gently) shared that when you have a free throw, you are not throwing the ball, you are shooting it.  Okay.  Good to know.  I think Glenn was afraid I'd take offense at his correction, but I don't claim to know anything about sports, so it's all good.


But......  if you don't throw the ball, why is it called a free throw?!!  I may start calling it a free shoot.  Just saying.  Shouldn't there be consistency?  I like consistency.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally ... I appreciate the lessons. The girls Great-grandfather, "Bud" Mangini, was by all accounts a great baseketball player himself. I remember him as a rabid fan of the game. He and I used to go to see the S.F. Warriors, before they became the Oakland Warriors. I don't remember enjoying anything about going except that I was with my Daddy. So it has apparently become a "Father/Daughter family tradition, Glenn has just taken it to a new, excelled level. Well done!