Saturday, November 3, 2012

Up a Tree

 
Before we could hit the trail on Halloween night, we had to rescue Ellea’s cat, Vandal. He managed to climb over 30 feet up a tree and couldn’t figure out how to get back down. By the time we rescued him, we think he’d been up there for about 24 hours. Mom tells me that when I was a kid, my cat got stuck in a tree (I don’t remember this).  My dad said he’d come down eventually, and he did. Ellea didn’t care for that story. She was pretty distraught by the whole scene because her cat was loud and clear about his desire to be saved.

And then she got even more upset because her daddy was clearly doing something dangerous to retrieve her cat.  He put this ladder in the bucket of his tractor and I lifted the bucket up. 

Do not try this at home.  We are what you call experts.  Or dummies.

He had to rip the cat off the branch, but surprisingly, Vandal didn't get scared and scratch anyone.



Ellea sure was relieved.  I'm sure the cat was grateful too.  He's been much more affectionate ever since.  He never really knew how good he had it until he got stuck in a tree!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That looks WAAAY dangerous.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "What a guy" ...