Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Spencer's Own

The school had a special assembly last week with a singing group which also advocates anti-bullying.  I wasn't going to attend, because I had a hundred other things I could've been doing, but I am glad I did.  They were an excellent group.  Their name is Spencer's Own and they are five brothers originally from Twin Falls, Idaho.  They now live in Nashville Tennessee and have just released their first single, "Idaho Love."  You can find it on You Tube.  I also, love their version of "Brown-eyed girl."  (click on play button when window opens - you won't be disappointed)   No promises on these links, or on the quality of the videos.  I still have dial-up, so I can't actually watch them!  Soon I will enter the 21st century.....  (Update:  I checked the links at school and they weren't so great.....  I've changed them.  Enjoy.)

The kids really enjoyed the music too.  We bought their CD's and had all five of the band members sign them, and Nicole got her picture taken with Nicholas.  This guy has taught himself how to do something called Beat Boxing.  If you've never heard someone do it, you're missing out.  He sounds just like a drum set keeping the beat in the background--only better than a drum set.  It's very cool, and harder to do than you would imagine.  Well, anyone can do it, I suppose, but doing it well is the tricky part.  The girls and I gave it a try the other day and had a good laugh over our inability.   Check out this you tube video of him.

No comments: