Monday, November 19, 2012

Fired Up

We're ALL about the basketball in this household, so we went to another basketball tournament in a town 2 hours away last Saturday.  Both girls' teams (6th and 8th grade) played three games each.  You'll also remember that Glenn coaches both teams.  I'm telling you, we LOVE basketball around here!  We were there about eleven hours which was a bit long, but it was a great opportunity for them to get more experience on the court.

I took my big girl camera, of course, and loved it.  I took over 150 pictures.  My favorite thing is that it has "continuous shooting."  That means that it's not like regular point-and-shoot digital cameras, where there's what seems like a 10-minute lag between shots.  That's why I took so many pictures.  Every time I pressed the shutter, I took two or three shots.  This was my favorite series of pictures....

Ellea coming in for the kill.


 Give me that ball.  I want it.

 It's mine.  You can't have it!  (Look at that face...  This is serious business.)

 Victory will be mine!


The ref finally called a "jump ball," which is what they do instead of making the players roll around the court fighting over the ball all day!  They alternate whose ball it is each time they call a jump.  (There.  I've now shared all my basketball knowledge with you.  There's a tiny bit more where that came from, but not much.)

You have no idea what a big deal this is that Ellea was being this aggressive.  Glenn's tried for two years to get her fired up to want the ball.  I don't know what got into her, but her daddy/coach sure was pleased!

I spend their childhood teaching them to be sweet and polite and share with others.  Basketball comes along and reverses all that!  So long as they keep it on the court.

No comments: