Sunday, November 27, 2011

Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

My biggest and best contribution to Thanksgiving dinner was a yummy cheesecake dessert that I found on Allrecipes.com. And then I discovered I was missing an ingredient, so made it work with what I had! With a brownie crust and chocolate chips in the cheesecake, it was bound to become a new favorite.


I intended to snap a picture of a single slice on the plate, but, alas, I was too excited to eat it to worry about pictures!

Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

Yield 1 (9-inch) cheesecake

Ingredients

1 (19.5 ounce) package brownies (or if you don't want such a thick brownie crust, you can use a brownie mix for an 8x8 pan size--I used the bigger package, but kept out about a cup of batter)

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

3/4 c granulated sugar

2 large eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, tossed with 1 Tbs flour (so they won't sink in the cheesecake)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 9-inch springform pan. Prepare brownie mix as package directs. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 25-35 minutes or until set.


2. In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.


3. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Place a bowl of water on bottom rack of oven. Bake 50 minutes. Turn off oven and crack oven door for 30 minutes to allow cheesecake to cool. Chill thoroughly. Remove side of springform pan. Garnish as desired. (I sprinkled the top with more mini chocolate chips.) Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.


4. There will be no leftovers. If there are any leftovers, send them to me. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to try this but you know i will use glutenfree browie mix it will be great. thanks. love aunt wanda