Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Seattle--Zoo

We hadn't taken the kids to a zoo in a few years. I sure enjoyed the animals and I think they did too. I know Nicole did. At about 50% of the animals, she'd say, "Oh, I love this one. They're my favorite!"

I wish I could remember what kind of monkey-creature this is. He was sitting there looking at another lady when we walked up. Ellea sat down when she that lady left and he just stared at her. One of his eyes was cloudy. He must have a cataract. I love this picture (by John Drake--thanks!). You can hardly see the glass separating them.


Morgan took a turn sitting by the monkey, too.



The orangutans were funny. A caretaker gave them a paper cup with water and demonstrated how to drink out of it. This one carefully held it in her mouth while she climbed up on this platform then proceeded to pour out the water and eat the cup! The one in the background is already chowing down on his cup! Yummy snacks! Morgan said the male in the back had a face like a baseball mit! He really did. (As an aside: I used to pronounce it oragutanG, but there's no G. Just sharing!)



And, of course, we had to take a photo op with the monkey statue! (Another John Drake Photo.)


Many more to come of the kids with animal statues!!

Sorry. I can't help it. It's a disease.

No comments: