Saturday, November 5, 2011

Horse Tails

Horse people are crazy! I'm one of them, and I can be crazy, but I draw the line at giving my horse a fake tail! I kid you not. They make tail extensions for horses. And they're incredibly realistic looking. You wouldn't know except the tails are unnaturally full and long. I think every horse except ours had them at the horse show last week. I can't figure out what difference it makes in the grand scheme of things. I guess they want a "perfect" horse.

See this horse's tail in the foreground? 99% of the horses I know don't have tails more than half this full.

Now, this horse's tail had me rolling. Who do they think they're fooling? You can see its natural tail stops about halfway down. The only thing this does is give the horse a better fly-swatter, but I guarantee that's not the idea! They remove these tails when the horses aren't showing.


Here is a tail au naturel (courtesy Candi and Nifty). Nothing wrong with sticking with what God gave you, if you ask me. But those snobby horse people wouldn't care one whit what I think about their silly tails anyway!

1 comment:

anatomy 1 said...

Great post! Thanks a bunch for not "catching" too much of my butt in the picture. Nifty's looks great, mine!?