Thursday, November 3, 2011

Horse Show, Part 2

Growing up in Sandpoint, I always loved showing in horse shows. I was never particularly competitive, but it was fun to try anyway. You have to sink an awful lot of money into this hobby to have a competitive edge. Not to mention, it's crazy some of the things these people do to their horses to make them fit the horse show standard. More on that later.


I opted not to show my horse this time and I missed him a little. It was fun being Nicole and Candi's "groom" and general assistant, though! Nicole borrowed Candi's horse Nifty for the halter class because Zeus needs a lot of work in that department. And Candi had Nifty all ready for halter anyway so it worked out well. They made a nice pair.


In the afternoon were the riding classes. Nicole was in four of them. She and Zeus did great. The people with the fancy-schmancy horses did better, but we didn't care. She was tickled to come away with a few ribbons. The classes were small and oftentimes everyone got a ribbon, but she that didn't make it any less exciting to Nicole!





It was fun to be there with Candi and watch my little girl bonding with her new horse. It was a beautiful sunny day in Lewiston. We were all exhausted when we got back to Candi's house. I had hoped we'd get done in plenty of time to get home before dark, but the show went long and we were grateful to fall into bed at Candi's house after chowing down pizza and call it a day. There's nothing better than an exhaustion that comes from doing something you love!

2 comments:

anatomy 1 said...

Awesome pics.! Could you make me a CD of all you took? I would love to include Nicole and Nifty's picture with his sale "portfolio". It was so much fun. Thanks for "loaning" me your daughter to hang out with all day! And you too, you are the "bestest" groom!
Hugs>!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Candi!! I'd groom for you any day!!! Nicole had a great time with you! Thanks for being such a great horsie friend!
Loretta