Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Seattle--Getting There

The kids (and I) did very well on our long car trip to Seattle. It took us about 7 hours. Thankfully, we were able to borrow a couple of DVD players (thanks Jen and Tara!!) so the girls could watch one movie in the back seat while Morgan watched another in the middle row seat. Ahhh, peace and quiet! Ellea's first words after we picked her up from school to head out of town? Where's the DVD player?! She was ready to plug in!!! I held her off until Lewiston, but not a mile farther!
Our first stop along the way was the Lewiston McDonald's. They have the best sundae's. Could Morgan stretch his lips into a bigger grin?!

I did lots of Internet research on different ideas to pass the time and printed off all kinds of different activity sheets. The best activity by far? Aluminum foil.

Yup. I threw in a roll of the stuff. Glenn looked at me pretty funny, but we were both shocked at how many miles went by as they dreamed up things to mold that shiny silver stuff into!



Morgan's mohawk. He was multi-tasking. Movie and tin foil



Ellea's wearing a crown she fashioned and she's wrapping sections of Nicole's hair in strips of foil. I wanted a picture of Nicole with her silver tresses, but she removed them before I could get one. We were stopping for a potty break and she didn't want to walk around with tin foil in her hair. What's the matter with that girl? Doesn't she know I need pictures of absolutely everything that goes on around here?! Who cares if people would look at her funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... TIN FOIL ... ??????? What will they think of next!!!! A great, inexpensive idea that I'll be sure to log into my memory bank, even for rainy days.