Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin Guts

Finally, the kids are old enough to dig the guts out of their own pumpkins! Well, they did most of it, I just had to scrape the sides a little for them. That has to be my least favorite thing about carving pumpkins. It used to be I'd have to clean out three pumpkins and then do most of the carving. Nicole even helped me clean the seeds so I could roast them. They're waiting patiently in the fridge. I better get on that before they become a science experiment like so many other things in our fridge!




I found a pattern for Frankenstein that Morgan liked. He helped me do some of it. Nicole liked the horse template I found for hers. Ellea opted for a stick-on face. Sadly, they were starting to mold by the time they made it outside. When will I learn that you can't leave a hallowed out pumpkin inside at room temperature for a week?!




No comments: