Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birthday Fun, Part One

What a great birthday week I have had!



May birthday girls--Maureen, Chris and myself


Monday I met with two friends with May birthdays at the local coffee shop. We had a wonderful visit and Morgan and I split a yummy cinnamon roll. Morgan took this picture of us. It was his first time taking a photo. He did very well for an almost-seven-year-old. A little cropping on the computer and we were good to go! (You can't see it well, but if you squint, you can almost make out my new zebra striped purse hanging from my chair!)


I was scheduled to work Tuesday (my actual bday). Work isn't my favorite thing, but I only work one day a week right now, so I just stuck with it. I'm glad I did because co-worker Sylvia brought in cupcakes for everyone for my birthday. She brought in both chocolate and yellow cupcakes. She asked which kind I wanted and when I hesitated, she suggested I just have one of each. Well! I couldn't very well be rude and say no, now could I?!! They were both delectible! I had been craving a yellow cake with chocolate icing and I'm always about chocolate cake, so it was the best of all worlds!


I managed to get away from work a little earlier than usual and Glenn took the kids and I to Lewiston for the evening. We did some shopping to start with. I got to pick out my birthday present--an anti-gravity recling lounge chair. It's a fancy lawn chair. Glenn has one that I got him for his birthday a couple years ago, but I always seem to be the one sitting in it, so he thought it was a great idea for me to have my own!


After shopping, we met our dear friends Marv and Candi at Red Lobster for dinner.


The waitress talked me into having this yummy Mai Tai. It was delicious! If it hadn't cost almost $6, I might've had a second!


This is the wonderful shrimp dinner that I ordered. You'll notice it is partially eaten. . . . I dove right in before I considered capturing a picture for longevity. You understand.

The fat and happy Red Lobster crew--Glenn, me, Ellea, Nicole, Morgan, Candi and Marv



The waitresses (and Marv--he must really be concentrating!) singing me happy birthday. I don't think they were too happy I was taking their picture. Not too many people probably do that while they're singing! Remember my mantra--gotta take a picture for my blog!!

Stay tuned. . . I'm not done celebrating just yet!

1 comment:

anatomy 1 said...

Awesome picture of Marv. He REALLY gets into singing :)